Assessment & Taxation
The Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) is legislatively responsible for the assessment of all properties in the province of Ontario.
The current value assessment (CVA) of a property is an estimate of its market value or the amount the property would sell for in an open market on a given date. The most recent assessment update took place in 2012. In between scheduled assessment updates, changes to a property may occur and MPAC is responsible for updating a property’s current value assessment accordingly.
A property’s annual tax levy is calculated by multiplying the property’s assessment value by the municipal tax rate, as approved by Council, and the education tax rate, as set out by the Province of Ontario.
The municipality issues two property tax bills per year – an Interim and a Final. These bills are mailed to every taxpayer at least twenty one days before any of the current year taxes are due.
- By-Law 3346/15 - 2016 Interim Tax Levy, Instalment Due Dates, and Late Payment Charges
- By-Law 3386/16 - 2016 Tax Ratios and Optional Class
- By-Law 3387/16 - 2016 Tax Capping Options
- By-Law 3388/16 - 2016 Budget, Tax Levy, Instalment Due Dates, and Late Payment Charges
Links to other Taxation related documents and information:
- Mayor & Council
- Bylaw Enforcement & Planning
- Cemetery Services
- What to Do in Case of Emergency
- Waste Management Services
- Recreation and Leisure Services
- Discover Iroquois Falls
- Contact Us
2014 Council Meeting Schedule
2014 Budget - Council Meeting Schedule
2015 COUNCIL MEETING SCHEDULE
2016 COUNCIL MEETING SCHEDULE
2017 COUNCIL MEETING SCHEDULE
Left Column Footer