Information for Candidates
From May 1 – July 27, 2018, nominations will be accepted for the 2018 Municipal Election. If you’re thinking about running for Town Council or a local School Board, here is what you need to know.
The nomination shall:
- be in the prescribed Form 1 - Nomination Paper; and
- be accompanied by the prescribed nomination filing fee of $200 for the Head of Council and $100 for all other offices.
** There is no requirement that a nomination for an office be endorsed by at least 25 persons. **
- Municipal Elections Act
- AMO - So You Wish to Run for Council?
- 2018 Candidates' Guide for Ontario Municipal Council and School Board Elections
- AMCTO Candidate's Guide to Accessible Elections
- Town of Iroquois Falls - 2018 Municipal Election - Information for Candidates
- Use of Corporate Resources During an Election Policy